On May 25, 2018, the EU’s new data protection plan will go into effect. The plan, called General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), requires that companies strengthen their privacy policies and data protection.
Who is affected?
The GDPR affects companies who operate within the EU. This applies to companies who are both headquartered or simply provide business services to companies in the EU.
Pereless Systems is fully compliant to meet these deadlines and support your company in its continued EU business functions.
There are some key highlights that separate the new GDPR from the past 1995 EU Privacy Directive.
- Implementation of new regulation and security obligations
- Data governance requirements, including policies, procedures and defined roles
- Strict timelines regarding data breach notifications
- Data Protection Officer for large issues
- Individual “Right to Be Forgotten”
– Notice and consent to data use
– Correction and rectification of data
– Right to erasure of personal data
- Right to access personal data being stored and processed by companies
- Right to restrict personal data from being used for marketing purposes
Pereless Systems has always provided quick compliance to new laws and regulations.
How we will comply:
- Implementation of Data Protection Officer within ATS staff
- Clients will be able to provide candidates with access to their personal data with simple button on profile
- Data retention period will be set by client
- Candidates will have option to delete data from company ATS system